salams
Children are really funny at times, especially my youngest though sometimes i dont know whether I should be laughing or banging my head against the wall!!
My children though they are young have learnt their kalimas and some of the surahs, last week i thought that I would teach the yooungest the meaning of kalima in english, " there is no God except Allah" which they chanted out loudly " and Muhammed (PBUH) is Allah's messenger".
we talked about it at great length and discussed the oneness of our Lord. anyway fast forward a few days, i decided to ask questions on it ..."what does La illa ha ill lal lahu ....mean?" my youngest shouted really loudly "THere is no God.." I eagerly awaited for her to end the sentence when it dawned on to me that that was the end of the sentence! " come one there is no God except......" still no answer...... she continued to say that there was no God.... so yes I had to very carefully again go through our lesson... now it goes something like this " there is no GOD..." (then i beckon with my eyes and hands to continue) then comes...oh, except Allah..yay! we got there.
on another ocassion she told me that Allah was haalik....what ? i said Halik, whats Halik.. she continued to say Allah's Halik....to which my eldest came to the rescue and said mum I think they mean Allah is Al Khaaliq.....lol! dont you just love kids.
2 comments:
*from being around British people*
"Awww, bless!"
Salaam Sis :-) -
That's great that you can have that lesson with them, ma'sha'allah, but haha, very funny when you quizzed them - though you were able to squeeze out "but Allah" then added, in that cute way by mispronounced it, one extra little gift of "Halik" :-)
So endearing . . Jazak'Allahu Khairan for sharing these little moments with us.
Masha'Allah! so cute.
Post a Comment