assalamulaikum,
I cant believe it has been so long since i wrote, I have actually missed my blogging friends! I hope all is well with everyone!
Well i guess i better update you all with whats been happening...there have been some positive changes in my life, small but positive. I am trying to deal with criticism from the inlaws better, it so hard. let me run by a few instances, things that are so petty but they get to you when this nit picking is constant.
Okay so the fasts in the uk were quite long from about half 4 a.m to 8.15 p.m, what i would do after iftaar ( after putting kids to bed) was just to sit down and just eat a few of the things that i craved during the day...just little bits of everything, by no means binge eating.... anyways my fil announces to all oh look she is eating this and then she will have that and then that, i was taken back as i hadnt realised he was watching what i was eating...anyways i ignored it. The next day he preceded to list my little snacks again and i laughed it off saying oh you forgot to mention my fizzy drink. the day after i was told by mil not to eat infront of my fil, and to stay in the kitchen......can you believe that i had to hide and eat!!! what is tht not crazy???? but it is okay for him to have his tea, biscuits etc etc....
anyways for iftaar i made my own little bits and pieces ( of course i made enough for everyone) fil would come in saying you have made too many things ( i understand that you should not overeat during ramadan particularly, but i dont think it was so much) anyways after two days ofthis complaning, i decided the day after not to bother making anything and eat leftovers, fil comes in ...why havent you made your things today, theres only a few things.....oh man he drives me crazy!!!
Also i was told how it was inappropriate to visit my mother during ramadan. and for all of you that didint know it is also not good to go to iftaaris when you are invited...my mil calls them iftaar parties what nonsense she says, i told her that it was actually good to eat with fellow muslims but oh no! I mean check this out we had an invite and do you know what she did she turned around and told the person to bring the food over to her house! oh man she really cracks me up sometimes. anyways there is this crazy thing in bengali culture whereby the girls family bring food or iftaari to her inlwas, there are rules:
father gives to the daughter
brother gives to the sister
nephew gives to his aunty
do you see a pattern? yes thats right its essentially the brides family keeping those inlaws happy!!! fasting is not about making people suffer by making them spend loads of mioney and making them travel miles and miles to fufil a stupid cultural duty. see i wouldnt mind but the thing is i am not allowed to do the same for my parents.... am i wrong in this? maybe there is something i do not know , but you see these inlaws actually make out that it is theor God given right and that really really annoys me. see if my parents really were doing to see me and just give iftaari thats fine but i know its not, its for them!! aarrrrgggghhhh
aarrrgggh thats todays rant over, gotta go, i really hope taht you are all well, missed u all
4 comments:
Glad to see a new post from you and that you are well! Those in laws you have are something else Queen and I pray things will get better for you. Allah yihdehum.
Salaam Sis Queen. Yes, as MG says, good to see a post from you. Indeed, I don't know what to say about fil and fil, they are just strange creatures, to say the least.
I also pray that things will improve for you, at some point in time. It just seems it is the same thing over and over, but just in a different form or flavor.
:-S
Argh that would drive me crazy!!!
At least you kept eating though :)
I am currently craving every kind of food and its not even ramadan lol, I can't imagine if I could not eat my food right now!!
Anyway, I love you sister, and keep on being strong inshallah.
~AlabasterMuslim
Post a Comment